2009年3月24日 星期二

2009/03/01 HW-Write about your trip and what you found out about Islam

HW: Write about your trip and what you found out about Islam
by Nina Wang 1st March 2009

When Charlie gave us a paper about Islam, I knew Islam was a major world religion, with over 1 billion followers worldwide (1/5 of the world population). Wow, it’s big number. I had never seen the Muslim about Islam. When I came to England, I saw many different racial and many Muslims in here. In my experience, Chinese and Taiwanese religion are Buddha. So I’m a Buddhist. Today we had a chance to know about the Islam.
I prepared some qustions, becasue I was so nervous. I always worried about my speaking and listening. But I thought this trip is good for me. I spoke to three different people, Amina, Halimah, Susu. They come from different countrys. One of the girl come from China. I can’t believe it, because nobody is Muslim in China. She told us she became a Muslism for eight month in England. And she had wearing headscarf on her head all the time. She said it was a religious obligation for Muslim women for modesty reasons. And Islam’s God is Allah, Allah told all Muslim need peace and control desire. So all the women need to wear handscarf on her head when she goes to outside.
I knew many rules about Islam. Another girl told me each Muslim women have a Muslim man guardian. Usually the guardian is the girl’s father. If the girl’s father died, her guardian is her brother. If the girl got married, her guardian is her husband. All the Muslim have extreme religion, they have obligations and doing Ramadan to their life. They don’t get married with non-Muslims. And men and women are different rules. Men and Women seperate a place in the Mosque.
I think different coutries have different cultures, and all the religion in the world, purpose is peace. But I don’t like radical and extreme religion in my life. So I think I will never be a Muslim, becuase they have many rules to women. I really don’t like these manners. But I think everyone has a religion is good.

Teacher Charlie said:
This is a very informative piece of writing. You’ve included a lot of good points. Make sure you use past tenses as you are writing about the past. Also, try to divide the first paragraph into another paragraph as you are talking about two ideas.

沒有留言:

張貼留言