2009年3月24日 星期二

2008/12/7 My happy month

My happy month 07 DEC 2008 Nina

December is my favorite month, because this month has many anniversary and holidays for me. My daughter’s 5 years old birthday is 1st Dec. My wedding anniversary is 4Th Dec for nine years. My son’s 7 years old birthday is 5th Dec. Each year has Christmas on 25th Dec. The end day in year 31st Dec usually have many celebrate activities. And this year we live in the UK. We celebrate in there, that’s different for us. My family and I went to Lincoln Christmas Market know Britain how to celebrate Christmas holiday on 6th Dec. We planned this trip and we so excited.
I know a new friend in the ILS language school two weeks ago. She is a mother from China. She very liked to chat with me, because she never friends in the UK. I was her first friend can use china language friend. She always friendly for me, and invited me and my family to her house ate a dinner last Saturday. She drove a car carried us. She cooked Chinese dinner for us with her family. We chatted about Chinese culture, Taiwan’s culture, traveling, studying English, lived in the UK, and her son. She just one time each year visited England. And this year, she retired her job. She came to Nottingham to help her son. Her son has lived in the UK 9 years ago, when he is 15. And now, he is a master student in Nottingham University. He was preparing apply for PHD degree after he graduate. And his girlfriend got a new job one month ago. So he needed his mother to help him. My husband is a master student in Nottingham University too. So they chat about study course so happily. We talked all evening and we became to best friends. Then we went to Lincoln Christmas Market together this Saturday.
I got information about Lincoln Christmas Market. There are 300 stalls in here. This Christmas Market just open 4 days each year. We so excited to visit Lincoln. I thought we will feel different Christmas in the UK. We took one hour to arrive in Lincoln. We stroll around the streets. So many people walked on Lincoln streets. I first saw many England people in the UK, that’s crowed. I saw many stalls in here. And they sold different Christmas gifts in the stalls. Such as crafts, cards, potteries, Teddy Bears, Christmas trees, and many decoration for Christmas. We walked into Lincoln Church, it was a beautiful and big church. We saw special building and a old organ in the middle church. And we sat chairs and listened choral song, that’s fantastic. I love Christmas market. We took 6 hours by walk on the Lincoln’s streets. We was tired but it was worth.
England’s Christmas look like Britain important holiday, that’s like Chinese New Year holiday. Chinese prepared some gifts and red envelopes include money to send family and friends. Chinese usually had big family members. And all Chinese ate special dinner with the family members together on Chinese Eve. Then 1st Chinese New year, the family usually went to the temple pray for peaceful all new year, but Britain usually went to church. Chinese New Year usually on January, that’s different in the UK. Although, we had different celebrate ways, but we often with our family got together, and ate special dinner the same. That’s interesting.

沒有留言:

張貼留言